Tournaments and Events
London Calling Video Series - old
Canadian wheelchair basketball is renowned for its tenacity. Canada is a world-leading nation. A perennial contender fuelled by an unparalleled legacy. In 2012, elite talent compliments distinguished wisdom in pursuit of the podium. United by an unmistakable desire, Team Canada’s vision for the London Paralympic Games is uncompromising.
Discover the Canadian Men’s and Women’s Wheelchair Basketball teams, learn about their distinctive passion, and find out why their trade is counted amongst the most recognizable and highly contested competitions in the world. Join Team Canada on the last leg of a journey four years in the making. Golden glory summons all nations and come time Canada intends to once again answer the call.
“London Calling” is an eight-part video series that takes an in-depth look at Team Canada, re-visits the winning history of Canadian wheelchair basketball at the Paralympic Games, profiles the evolution of the sport, and previews the highly-anticipated, hard-hitting competition set to unfold in London this summer.
London Calling Video Release Schedule:
- February 2012: Part I - Men’s Roster Breakdown & Part II Women’s Roster Breakdown
- March 2012: Part III - Canada’s Winning History at the Paralympics
- April 2012: Part IV – A Look at Centralization
- May 2012: Part V - A Wheelchair Basketball Retrospective
- June 2012: Part VI – Women’s Teams: Canada & the Competition
- July 2012: Part VII – Men’s Teams: Canada & Competition
- August 2012: Part VIII - London Calling Promo Video