Tournaments and Events
Event Hosting Goals
TheBC Wheelchair Basketball Society’s goals for hosting the 2012 Canadian National Wheelchair Basketball Championship are as follows:
- To highlight and celebrate the 25th anniversary of Rick
Hansen World Tour within the wheelchair basketball
community across BC and Canada.
- To enhance the development of BCWBS high
performance athletes, coaches, officials, classifiers,
volunteers and administrators.
- To have the event serve as an awareness vehicle for
the recruitment of new athletes and volunteers; and
raise the profile and general public awareness of
- To develop successful partnerships with community
groups and organizations which contribute to the
overall success of the event and future hosting
- To present a professional and well organized national
championship event worthy of the top of wheelchair
basketball athletes in Canada.
- To operate the event in a self-sufficient and
financially responsible manner.