(Charlottetown, P.E.I.) ParaSport and Recreation PEI is proud to announce the eight athletes selected to represent Team Prince Edward Island at the 2015 Canada Winter Games in wheelchair basketball.
The 2015 Canada Winter Games take place February 13th to March 1st 2015 in Prince George, B.C. The wheelchair basketball competition is scheduled to take place during the first week of the Canada Games, from February 16-20, 2015 at Duchess Park Secondary School in Prince George.
The athletes selected to Team PEI are as follows:
- Danielle Arbour (St. John’s, N.L.)
- Brandon Gillis (Kensington, P.E.I.)
- Sarah Gillis (Kensington, P.E.I.)
- Liam Hickey (St. John’s, N.L.)
- Westley Johnston (Charlottetown, P.E.I.)
- Ronnie McPhee (Stratford, P.E.I.)
- Jeremy Watts (Charlottetown, P.E.I.)
- Joel Watts (Charlottetown, P.E.I.)
The team will be coached by Adam Loo. Barb Gillis is the team manager.
Team PEI placed sixth at the last Canada Winter Games in 2011 in Halifax, N.S.
About ParaSport and Recreation PEI
ParaSport and Recreation PEI is a charitable, non-profit organization that was established in 1974 and incorporated in 1976 to support participation by person who are physically challenged in recreation and sport activities. For more information, please visit www.parasportpei.ca.