(Ottawa, Ont.) Wheelchair Basketball Canada is seeking a dynamic, energetic team player to assist the High Performance Director, Head Coaches and National Teams in achieving our objective of sustainable medal performances at World Championships and Paralympic Games.
The High Performance Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the high performance programs of the National Teams, including the senior men and women, the U23 men and the U25 women. This position requires a high level of coordination and support to the National Team coaches, athletes and related committees, agencies and suppliers. The range of functions requires a solid understanding of the amateur sport community and voluntary sector. The High Performance Coordinator works as a member of a team while at the same time has the ability to work independently to advance projects and initiatives.
For more information, please consult the complete [job description].
- Provide support to the National Team coaches and High Performance Director with the development and implementation of the High Performance plan including scheduling and resource requirements;
- Assist the National Team coaches with the development and preparation of the competition and training schedules;
- Assist with the monitoring of the High Performance budget;
- Maintain an inventory and maintenance program for all High Performance program equipment and supplies;
- Provide pertinent information about program finances, controls and reporting mechanisms as directed to the National Team coaches, athletes and staff as directed;
- Under the direction of Executive Director manage the National Team clothing inventory including ordering, branding and distribution to identified athletes as directed;
- Manage and ensure National Team program Google Calendar is working and updated weekly with most current information for all National Team programs;
- Assist the High Performance Director in recruiting and training interns for the High Performance program.
- In conjunction with National Team coaches and managers, manage the logistics for all the National Team program’s travel, accommodation, ground transportation, camps, competitions and on site athletes support services;
- Liaise with training and/or tournament hosts for competitive and practice schedules, and on-site logistics at events (competitions and camps), in conjunction with National Team coaches and managers;
- Under the direction of the National Academy Head Coach, manage all of the logistics for the Academy program including, scheduling, travel, camps, competitions and on site athlete support services;
- In conjunction with the National Team program coaches and team managers, develop and provide athletes with pertinent information about schedules, fees, uniforms, equipment, training camps and tours;
- Assist the High Performance Director and Head Coaches with support to the IST program including operations and logistics around testing camps and day to day programming at the Academy.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with MS Office;
- Flexibility and initiative;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to take direction and multi-task in a fast paced environment;
- Knowledge of the Sport Delivery System;
- Experience working with volunteer committees would be considered an asset;
- Oral/written fluency in both official languages considered an asset.
Terms of Contract
- 35-40 hours per week;
- 12-month contract position with the possibility of an extension;
- Some travel will be required;
- Salary will be commensurate with experience;
- Located at Wheelchair Basketball Canada National Academy in Scarborough, Ont.
Please forward your application including CV, references and salary expectations by January 30, 2015 to:
Wheelchair Basketball Canada
6 Antares Drive, Unit 8
Ottawa, ON K2E 8A9
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.