(Ottawa, ON) Wheelchair Basketball Canada (WBC) is seeking a dynamic, energetic team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills to assist the organization in its marketing and fundraising efforts in the new position of part-time Donations & Grants Manager.
The Donations & Grants Manager is responsible for the coordination of Wheelchair Basketball Canada’s fundraising efforts through the creation, implementation, and delivery of a robust and innovative fundraising plan. Specific responsibilities include the development and management of new and existing donor programs; grant applications and proposal writing; coordination of direct mail, telephone, and online programs; monthly, alumni, and planned giving donor programs; donor stewardship and recognition.
The range of functions requires a solid understanding of fundraising in the non-governmental / not-for-profit sector. Working closely with he Manager of Marketing and Communications, and Executive Director, the Donations & Grants Manager functions as a member of a team while possessing the ability to work independently and advance projects and initiatives.
- Develop a fundraising plan including donor retention and growth strategies;
- Implement and manage a direct mail program;
- Coordinate existing online and telephone fundraising efforts;
- Research, create and oversee a variety of new donor programs including but not limited to monthly giving, alumni program, planned giving;
- Develop and coordinate a donor stewardship and recognition program;
- Identify potential funding partners and make grant applications and other funding requests through targeted proposal writing;
- Ensure appropriate reporting and recognition of donors and grant agencies;
- Develop funding support materials and coordinate production of resources as necessary
- Oversee a data management system including ongoing management and evaluation;
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum 3-5 years of fundraising experience preferably working for a non-governmental organization / not-for-profit, including solicitation of major corporate gifts;
- Solid business background with knowledge of fundraising principals;
- Experience with donor programs and grant writing;
- Exceptional writing, communication and analytical skills;
- Creativity and innovation;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with MS Office and fundraising database systems;
- Flexibility and initiative;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to take direction and multi-task in a fast paced environment;
- Oral/written fluency in both official languages considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the amateur sport community considered an asset.
Terms of Contract:
- Approximately 3 days per week;
- 12-month contract position with the possibility of an extension;
- Some travel may be required;
- Salary will be commensurate with experience;
- Located at Wheelchair Basketball Canada’s national office – Ottawa, Ont.
Please forward your application including CV, references and salary expectations by Feb 20, 2013 to:
Wheelchair Basketball Canada
6 Antares Drive, Phase 1, Unit 8
We thank all applicants who apply, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.