(Ottawa, Ont.) Wheelchair Basketball Canada (WBC) is seeking a dynamic, energetic team player to oversee the planning, administration and execution of all activities related to the domestic programs of WBC.
This position requires a high level of coordination and support to the provincial members, clubs and related committees, agencies and suppliers. The range of functions requires a solid understanding of the amateur sport community, the Long Term Athlete Development Model and the voluntary sector. The Program Coordinator works as a member of a team while at the same time has the ability to work independently to advance projects and initiatives.
- Work with members and partners to develop and implement plans for LTAD following WBC’s LTAD model;
- Direct the development of bid materials and hosting strategies for WBC’s National Championships;
- Work with host clubs and communities (LOC) to ensure the highest standards for National Championships and other major events as directed;
- Provide leadership, support and on-going liaison to organizers of national and regional competitions under the WBC umbrella;
- Prepare annual technical packages for Mini, Junior, Open, Women and Provincial men competitions;
- Work with various Commissioners on league issues;
- Work with Clubs and PSO’s to create and implement their development plans for growth of the sport;
- Manage the Special Project Funding program.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Event management experience;
- Strong computer skills;
- Flexibility and initiative;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to take direction and multi-task in a fast paced environment;
- Experience in program, project management or event administration, preferably in a sport setting;
- Knowledge of WBC’s Long Term Athlete Development Model
- Knowledge of the game of wheelchair basketball and the Canadian sport system would be considered an asset;
- Experience working with volunteer committees would be considered an asset; and
- Oral and written fluency in both official languages would be considered an asset.
Terms of Contract
- Maternity Leave contract position;
- Travel will be required;
- Salary will be commensurate with experience;
- Located at the WBC National Office – Ottawa, Ont.
Please forward your application including CV, references and salary expectations by October 27, 2014 to:
Wheelchair Basketball Canada
6 Antares Drive, Unit 8
Ottawa, ON K2E 8A9
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.