(Ottawa, Ont.) Wheelchair Basketball Canada is thrilled to once again team up with NBA Canada for a fifth consecutive cross-country basketball celebration tour. The 2014 NBA Nation Tour will take place in five cities across Canada from August 9 to September 13, 2014.
Wheelchair Basketball Canada, in partnership with its provincial sport organization members, will organize a wheelchair basketball demonstration at the tour stops. Elite and local wheelchair basketball players will be on hand to take pictures and sign autographs at the sessions.
The NBA Nation Tour will visit the following locations:
- Vancouver, B.C. – Metropolis at Metrotown – August 9, 2014
- Edmonton, Alta. – West Edmonton Mall – August 16, 2014
- Montreal, Que. – Fairview Pointe Claire – August 30, 2014
- Halifax, N.S. – Mic Mac Mall – September 6, 2014
- Toronto, Ont. – Scarborough Town Centre – September 13, 2014
About NBA Nation presented by Samsung
NBA Nation is a free interactive basketball festival travelling to a number of Canadian cities. The day-long event will run from 11a.m. to 5p.m. (but 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. in Edmonton) and offers spectators the chance to play games, see some incredible basketball talent and win prizes. Some highlights of the event include:
- Appearances by an NBA personalities
- Wheelchair basketball demonstration
- Samsung Skills Challenge
- Q&A with NBA player
- Foot Locker 3-point contest
- Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown
For more information about the NBA Nation Tour, visit NBA Canada on [Facebook].