(Ottawa, Ont.) Wheelchair Basketball Canada congratulates President Steve Bach on his election as Vice-President of the International Wheelchair Basketball Federation (IWBF).
The elections took place on July 13 at the IWBF’s sixth World Congress in Incheon, South Korea. Held once every four years, in tandem with the men’s world championship, attendees meet to oversee the progress of the IWBF and to elect a new President and Executive Council.
Also elected to the IWBF council for the next four years are:
- Ulf Mehrens (Germany) President
- Steve Bach (Canada) Vice-President
- Craig Moorgas (South Africa) Treasurer
- Francisca Ravestein (the Netherlands) Chairperson of the Committee for Legal Matters and Eligibility
- Charlie Bethel (Great Britain) Chairperson Competition
- Toufic Allouche (Lebanon) & Demirhan Serefhan (Turkey) Members-At-Large
- Norbert Kucera (Germany) Technical
- Don Perriman (Australia) Classification
Maureen Orchard, former President of the Canadian Wheelchair Basketball Association (now Wheelchair Basketball Canada), stepped down as President of the IWBF and was re-appointed Secretary General of the IWBF.
Bach, in addition to his involvement with Wheelchair Basketball Canada, serves as a development officer with the IWBF Americas zone and is a Toronto 2015 Parapan American Games Sport Organizing Chair.
For more information, please visit www.wheelchairbasketball.ca