(Edmonton, Alta.) Wheelchair Sports Alberta (WSA) is pleased to announce the list of athletes selected to represent Alberta as part of the junior provincial wheelchair basketball team at the 2015 Canada Winter Games in Prince George, B.C.
The 2015 Canada Winter Games take place February 13th to March 1st 2015 in Prince George, B.C. The wheelchair basketball competition is scheduled to take place during the first week of the Canada Games, from February 16-20, 2015 at Duchess Park Secondary School in Prince George.
The 12 athletes selected to Team Alberta are as follows:
- Makrina Morozowski (Calgary, Alta.)
- Jonathan Bilan (Edmonton, Alta.)
- Kyle Allen (Ardrossan, Alta.)
- Alarissa Haak (Sherwood Park, Alta.)
- Zak Madell (Okotoks, Alta.)
- Helaina Cyr (Sherwood Park, Alta.)
- Julia Cyr (Sherwood Park, Alta.)
- Rebecca MacMillan (Moronville, Alta.)
- Arinn Young (Legal, Alta.)
- Ben Tumack (Edmonton, Alta.)
- Ben Moronchuck (Edmonton, Alta.)
- Bradon Doll (Camrose, Alta.)
The team will be coached by Darrell Nordell and Karla Tritten, with Ross Norton serving as the team manager.
Team Alberta features three athletes with national team experience. Arinn Young recently captured gold with the Senior Women’s National Team at the 2014 Women’s World Championship in Toronto, Ont. Helaina Cyr and Alarissa Haak both represented Canada at the 2011 Women’s U25 World Championship in St. Catharines, Ont.
Team Alberta most recently placed third at the 2014 Junior National Wheelchair Basketball Championship in Edmonton, Alta., which served as the seeding tournament for the 2015 Canada Games. Team Alberta finished in eighth place at the last Canada Winter Games in 2011 in Halifax, N.S.
About Wheelchair Sports Alberta
Wheelchair Sports Alberta is a registered charitable, non-profit association responsible for the development and delivery of provincial level sport programs and services throughout Alberta. For more information, please visit www.abwheelchairsport.ca.