(Ottawa, Ont.) Wheelchair Basketball Canada is seeking a dynamic, energetic, innovative individual to lead the U25 Women’s Wheelchair Basketball National Team program to podium finishes at major international competitions, up to and including the 2015 World Championship, while contributing to the physical, psychological and social development of each athlete in the program.
The deadline to submit your application is Thursday, August 7, 2014.
The National Team Head Coach shall:
- Develop the rolling quadrennial plan and annual tactical plans for the national team program, including performance targets, timelines and resource requirements;
- Establish and manage the goals and objectives of the program on an annual basis;
- Manage the logistics for the U25 women’s national team program;
- Provide an advanced training program appropriate for the continued development of the athletes selected as members of the U25 Women’s National team program targeted at achieving optimal success at the World Championships. This includes teaching the skills and strategies necessary to participate at the international level;
- Support and encourage the holistic development of athletes (athletic, personal, educational and career) within the scope of the U25 Women’s National team program;
- Maintain regular written correspondence with national team members;
- Ensure that each athlete is aware of time and place of the events both in training and during actual competition;
- Liaise with Senior Women’s National Team coach(es), the High Performance Director and the national office.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Minimum Level 3 NCCP certification;
- Experience in coaching of wheelchair basketball;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proven leadership, vision and expertise in the planning and implementation of a high performance program;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Flexibility and initiative;
- Knowledge of the Sport Delivery System.
Terms of Contract
- 1 year position concluding after the 2015 World Championships;
- A yearly review will be conducted;
- Travel both domestically and internationally is required;
Wheelchair Basketball Canada is seeking the best possible candidate for the position, and is pleased to accept applications from individuals seeking either full-time employment or a part-time contract. The full-time salary or part-time honoraria for the successful candidate will be negotiated, based on qualifications and experience.
Please forward your application including CV and references by August 7, 2014 to:
Wheelchair Basketball Canada
6 Antares Drive, Phase 1, Unit 8
Ottawa, ON K2E 8A9
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.