Wheelchair Basketball Canada is pleased to offer programs and services to people interested in getting involved in the game of wheelchair basketball. Individuals are encouraged and invited to become involved as players, coaches, officials, or volunteers.
Wheelchair Basketball Canada is committed to providing opportunities for athletes with a disability to participate in a fully integrated sport program at the level they choose. We promote growth at the initiation, developmental, competitive and elite levels, and offers programs for youth, women, and men.
Wheelchair basketball is truly a sport for everyone!
We believe that inclusion is fundamental to achieving equity and access in sport and therefore we promote the “sport for all” concept, encouraging athletes with a disability and able-bodied athletes to compete together on the same basketball court within a classification system. This system allows for fair and equitable competition for all.
Find a wheelchair basketball club near you to get started! > Find A Club
Coaches and Officials
Individuals interested in becoming involved in wheelchair basketball as a coach or as an official should contact their respective Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) to get involved at the local level. More information for coaches and officials is available on our website.
- Interested in getting involved with a specific wheelchair basketball event?
- Would you like to gain some experience working for a National Sporting Organization?
- Do you value sports and enjoy working with athletes?
- Are you interested in sport administration?
- Do you want to hone your skills as an event planner?
- Do you wish to work with the media or in marketing and communications?
If so, we may have the perfect opportunity for you to get involved. Contact email@example.com for more information on becoming a volunteer.